Recently, I have been pondering what the true meaning of love is. If you love someone, set them free. All you need is love. Love is a many splendid thing, indeed, but how do we really show someone that we love them? Sometimes, it is by sitting on our hands and doing and saying nothing while they hurt us with words and actions. Sometimes, it is giving them our last dirham or a simple smile and hello. This passage of the the New Testament is a Wedding Favourite, but imagine if we substituted the word ‘Love’ for ‘I am’ when reading the following passage. A somewhat sobering thought as all of us strive to attain the all perfect love for each other when it is the last thing we feel capable of. Lord, help us. Lord, graciously help us show the world what true love is. Peace out.
The Way of Love…
13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
2 If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t Iove, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
(Therefore, with God’s help and grace…)
- I never give up.
- I care more for others than for self.
- I don’t want what I don’t have.
- I don’t strut.
- I don’t have a swelled head.
- I don’t force myself on others.
- I am not always “me first.”
- I don’t fly off the handle.
- I don’t keep score of the sins of others.
- I don’t revel when others grovel.
- I take pleasure in the flowering of truth.
- I put up with anything.
- I trust God always.
- I always look for the best.
- I never look back but I keep going to the end.
- Love is not easy…but it is worth it (thejourneyforwomen.wordpress.com)
- Tear it Down… (angeledwardsvlc.wordpress.com)
- Baby don’t hurt me. (totesridiculous.wordpress.com)
- Always and Never (mac4320.wordpress.com)
- What is love? (andythomaswcfs.wordpress.com)
- What is Love? (A Fifteen Year Old’s Point Of View) (belligerentminds.wordpress.com)
- Who I Am in Him (auniversallove.com)
- “What is “love”? Baby don’t hurt me…” (wispsite.wordpress.com)
- Love is patient, love is kind (cameronculp12.wordpress.com)