Eat, sleep, do: Istanbul
Sleep at the Berce Hotel. Why?
- Clean & Safe
- Central location – easy to walk everywhere
- Delicious breakfast on a rooftop terrace with views of the comings and goings of the Sea of Marmara.
Eat at the Ottoman Kitchen. Why?
- A delicious selection of Turkish dishes
- Clean & Cheap
- Not far from the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya (keep the Blue Mosque on your left hand side and walk straight up the hill, keeping the tram line on your right hand side. You will eventually come to the Ottoman Kitchen. It’s right next to McDonalds).
Do a Bosphorous Sightseeing Bus Tour. Why?
- 48 hrs ticket for 40 Euros (negotiate if you are paying in Turkish Lira) which includes a Green and Blue Line tour as well as a night time tour.
- It is the only tour bus which crosses the Bosphorous River.
- Do the tour the moment you get to Istanbul and have seen the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya. The buses are right next to the square. You can then plan when/where to hop on and off for the rest of your stay in Istanbul and you’ve already paid for your ticket. Simples!
- Quick Notes from Day Two in Istanbul (nmwagner.wordpress.com)
- A Taste of Turkey: 24 Hours in Istanbul (lauratinnelly.wordpress.com)
- Istanbul: Water, Fountains, Taksim, and Infrastructural Tourism (bubkes.org)
- Why Everyone Should Experience a Turkish Bath (epicatravel.com)
- Istanbul at Night – The 10 Best Places to Party (epicatravel.com)
- Istanbul (sjgoodwright.wordpress.com)